Welcome to The Funvee Tailgate! Week 6 provided the thrills that continue to rise as we head to the back-half of the season. Writing this one on a Saturday as I’ve hit the road to one of the bigger preseason matchups that has become a midseason unranked game: Notre Dame vs. Stanford. Gotta keep this one quick to get to the South Bend Tailgates so let’s fire it up!
Weeknight Night Recap:
No Top 25 Matchups were played on Thursday after #25 Navy at East Carolina was postponed, that game will be made up on November 19th. Last night #7 Louisville survived a thriller with ACC foe Duke 24-14. Louisville was awarded a roughing the kicker penalty in the closing minutes to set up the final touchdown. Duke HC David Cutcliffe was very upset with how the rule calls roughing the kicker and wants the rule tweaked.
Big Games This Week:
#3 Clemson, #11 Baylor, #14 Florida State, #15 Boise State, #17 Virginia Tech, and #19 Oklahoma are all HUGE favorites in their matchups and should pull these games out. Let’s get down to the big showdowns…
- #20 West Virginia at Texas Tech at noon on FS1–West Virginia is in the midst of their best start since 2012. A tough road test but Mountaineers win.
- #10 Nebraska at Indiana at noon on ABC–The Huskers travel to a tough Hooiser team with a great rush attack. I like the roadie Huskers here, Nebraska wins.
- North Carolina at #16 Miami at 3:30 on ABC–The U lost a heartbreaker to rival FSU last week, time for revenge: Miami wins.
- #24 Western Michigan at Akron at 3:30 on CBS Sports Network–College Football nerds like myself have known about the Bronco’s strong start but they’re finally ranked. The unbeaten streak continues as Western Michigan wins.
- #1 Alabama at #9 Tennessee at 3:30 on CBS–The Vols stormed back and almost pulled out the W against A&M before falling in 2OT. A&M plays Bama next week so the Tide doesn’t want to slip up here. As much as I’d like to pick a 13.5-point, top ten, dog, but Bama wins.
- #21 Utah at Oregon State at 4:00 on Pac12 Network–The Utes have to watch out for OSU’s top rusher Ryan Hall. The Beavers will have a lot of trouble with Utah’s pass-attack, Utes win.
- Missouri at #18 Florida at 4:00 on SEC Network–Florida is favored by just not enough to be included with the “HUGE FAVORITES” above. Gators chomp on.
- #12 Ole Miss at #22 Arkansas at 7:00 on ESPN–an interesting SEC-West matchup. Ole Miss has struggled on the road, Hogs win.
- Stanford at Notre Dame at 7:30 on NBC–had to include the game I’m going to! McCaffrey is still a question mark but even if he plays, it’s tough to go against the atmosphere I’ve felt since I drove in yesterday afternoon, Irish win.
- #2 Ohio State at #8 Wisconsin at 8:00 on ABC–This will be an outright brawl. Classic Big Ten Football. I like the home team in these types of matchups, Badgers win.
Lehigh is riding high right now! Four-straight wins including one over the Patriot League powerhouse in Colgate! The Mountain Hawks play their first road Patriot League game today from our nation’s Capital as they visit Georgetown. The Hoyas dropped one last weekend against their only common opponent with Lehigh, Princeton, as GU lost 31-17 whereas Lehigh won 42-28 against Princeton three weeks ago. QB Nick Shafnisky referred to this potential trap game as a “motivation game” as the Mountain Hawks don’t want to start to look ahead to the tougher portion of their PL schedule. This game kicks off at 2:00 in DC. GO LEHIGH!!!
Disagree with my picks? Did I miss a matchup you wanted me to talk about? Let me know in the comments!Follow @geordo9
One thought on “Funvee Tailgate: College Football Week 7”
Reading your blog is big pleasure for me, it deserves
to go viral, you need some initial traffic only.
If you want to know how to get it search for: blackhatworren’s strategies