Game of the Decade became the Most Beautiful Game by Golden State. I don’t want to take away too much from this game. Tim Duncan was out due to a minor injury. He is their defensive quarterback and offensive rock. Without him, the Warriors got into the paint and locked down on D. That being said, here are my quick takeaways:
- Steph Curry is getting better and better, if that’s possible.
- LaMarcus Aldridge looks lost, awkward, and awful. Their max deal steal of the summer is hurting his team, especially on offense.
- Clay Thompson is not just a 3 & D player. He can and will drive.
- Kawhi Leonard needs to be more aggressive. Especially if you are gonna get beat by Curry repeatedly. This might be the most frightening thing for the Spurs.
- David West was a bright spot for the Spurs. He’s still got it.
- Draymond Green is a rich man’s Boris Diaw.
- Boban Marjanovic, the Spurs 7’3″ beast, needs some more playing time. Money on him being an All-Star in 2020.
- Golden State is faster than San Antonio and it showed too much. Pop and Co need to slow them down to win in the playoffs.
- Parker, Ginobili, and Green all had forgettable games. Doubt that happens again so there is hope for the Spurs.
- The Warriors play the Most Beautiful Game I’ve seen in my lifetime. The odd angle bounces passes, the multiple cutters to the baskets, and the graceful jumpshots are how basketball should be played. And Steph Curry is the greatest of them all, a human highlight reel. Thank you for what and how you do Golden State!
Until next time, Klay and Tim