After a few weeks off, the Dormie is back! This week’s PGA Tour Event is the Waste Management Phoenix Open at TPC Scottsdale
2013 Champion: Phil Mickelson
Thursday: Golf Channel: 3-7pm Eastern
Friday: Golf Channel: 3-7pm Eastern
Saturday: 1-2:30pm on the Golf Channel and 3-6pm on CBS
Sunday: 1-2:30pm on the Golf Channel and 3-6pm on CBS
Phil Mickelson, Bill Haas, Webb Simpson, Ian Poulter, Keegan Bradley, Brandt Snedeker, Lee Westwood, Gary Woodland, Bubba Watson, the list goes on. Mickelson and Haas will be in a group together with Ryan Moore while Bradley, Poulter, and Simpson will all be together. Snedeker and Westwood will be with Harry English, the 24-year-old with two wins already this year.
- Brandt Snedeker to rebound from missing the cut last week (77+72). The relatively shorter course can give Snedeker the opportunity to use his short irons to hit more greens in regulation.
- Bubba Watson to follow up on shooting 64 in the final round of the tournament last year. This is only his second start of 2014 (4th official start of the season) but he’s looking to put together a better season than 2013. He did tie for third in the Northwestern Mutual World Challenge back in December and
- Phil Mickelson loves Arizona, he can definitely defend this championship
- Harry English: He’s 7th on the tour in scoring average and (as previously mentioned) has two wins already this year
- Keegan Bradley to follow through on declaring to the Golf Channel’s Jason Sobel: “You better be picking me this week on you Twitter blogs or whatever.” He did shoot a 63 here in the second round last year.
Like I said above, Bubba’s 2013 wasn’t as great as he would’ve hoped. Really, his 2012 post-Masters wasn’t very great either. He’s currently 5th on the tour in ball striking and, no surprise, 2nd in driving distance. I think Bubba can win a Major this year if he can get hot.